Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MGRP Chap. 1-3, 6

Well...I know I definitely did not have the most positive attitude towards doing this research paper. I believe it is mostly due to negative experiences with research papers throughout the school years, with tons of note cards and taking so much time and such. Even writing this paper, I still did not grasp what the heck a multigenre research actually meant. I obviously should have began reading this book before starting...but that's ok. Seeing an example of a completed paper really helped me understand. I didn't enjoy the research aspect-maybe I should have thought longer about a topic I was more passionate to find information about. However, I do look forward to the different genres part of the paper. It allows a lot more freedom and isn't "traditional" research paper work I feel like.

Additionally, I liked that chapter 2 had a week by week schedule idea of how to go about such a project with a classroom. I think students would never feel overwhelmed with how it is set up.

Are multigenre research papers appropriate at any grade level?

No comments:

Post a Comment