Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MGRP Chap 4

I have had positive and negative experiences with poetry in the classroom as a student. In 4th grade, we did a huge poetry. We did so many different types of poems and the teacher had them made into a little book. We had our parents come in for an open house type deal to read them all. I can remember everyone being exciting for poetry writing time. I cannot remember exactly HOW he had went about making us so enthused about it, but he definitely did something right. Then in high school A.P. English, the teacher had us analyze poetry allllll the time by just putting a poem on the overhead and going line by line to what we thought it meant. It got extremely old and uninteresting.

I do plan on using poetry as part of my own MGRP, although am unsure exactly what type of poem I want to use yet. This chapter gave some great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment